Thursday, January 24, 2008

[Random] Thai Pusam?

Throughout the 20 years in my life, I have not heard of this...festival.

So I simply ran headfirst into the middle of it. The middle of Thambiland. At its peak.

It was incredibly crowded. In fact it was so crowded I can't see shit. This is a totally different kind of 'can't see shit because its crowded'. This is darkness we are talking about. How the hell do people actually see what's going on on the road. I can barely see some random guy dancing around in front of some banner. It was really really hard to see. Not much of a surprise there though, considering the amount of times I walked past this place and almost missed them completely.

I think these Hindus have darkvision, or something. And I think they identify each other by smell. Holy crap, I think they do! All of them have the same bloody haircut, as if they only went to a singular barber. The ones WHICH don't are probably gays. Yes I spotted a couple and it was fairly significant. They looked less...of their kind.

But the topic here is Thai Pusam. The roadblocks made of steel and flesh everywhere, stretching from the start of Little India (the road towards SLS) all the way to Race Course Road (safe point).

To be honest, I felt a little scared. I'm afraid to speak about anything that has to do with them. What if I let slip a silly comment and a stupid one misinterprets it and starts beating me up. All of them will zerg me and the police can't do shit. They will probably cut up my body and sell them back in form of a mutabak. Paranoid? Better safe than sorry.

I should've snapped a shot, I really should, but I'm now using a camera-less phone. A zerg of the Hindu people is madness. I have seen zergs of chinese in Shanghai, large tourist groups of Eurasians, and probably zergs of blacks and all. They all looked different from each other, somehow (although botak people always gives me problems most of the time). The Little India crowd was...wow. I'd always felt I lost my way because I thought I passed by the same person trice.

Lesson, stay away from Little India. God I bet the drain along the way home was filled with stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment