Monday, October 27, 2008

No-lifer

I haven't had a chance to post anything other than gaming due to 1) lack of time, 2) lazy to blog or 3) nothing else to blog about. So now I shall randomly post something because I have nothing better to do.  Most of my gaming time (via handhelds) are done in my bunk since we have ample free time, so when I get home, I prevent myself from touching them (why waste time playing PSP during book out when you can actually do it like 5-6hours a day in camp?).

So let's throw all these gaming topics aside for awhile.

Sometimes, I wonder what do people do at home, especially during their book out.  Book outs are precious and in turn causes people to plan and do their most enjoyable/favorite things. I'll leave people with girlfriends aside cause they will usually spend 90% of their bookouts with them.  Either that or they spent alot on them the previous week thus causing them to go into hiding for the next upcoming weeks to recuperate.

I'm more interested in what girlfriend-less non-gamer people do during their free time.

For me it's rather simple.  Whenever people ask me "What are you going to do during my bookout?", I'll just give a slight smile and go, "Bugis, maybe some DnD and I dunno, play some PC games." which would be followed by "Why Bugis? What is DND? What games...DOTA? CS?".

Most people in my camp know that I am, soul and heart, a gamer and a bit weeaboo and otaku (I just don't watch enough animes and even less now).  I spend most of my life playing games since primary school, holding my Game Boy wherever I go, and whenever, even playing in the dark with the light screen attachment thing while being car-sick (I get motion sickness while playing games in vehicles).  When I return home when I was only kindergarden, I would just turn on my SNES and play some mario and stuff.  When I go my uncle's house I would play on my 16-bit Sega all day.  Come to think of it, I don't think I ever spent a day without playing games until NS started.

A lot of people consider me a 'no-lifer'.  Most people classify people without a girlfriend or not actively searching for one a 'no-lifer'.  It's not that I do not want one.  It's just that having a girlfriend takes up a lot of sacrifice which I'm not willing to make yet, and also I have very high expectations of a girl.  I'd rather concentrate on my fucked up future first.

So anyway.  When I ask most people what do they do during their book outs, most would just reply either "Girlfriend" or "Club". Some would randomly jio a few friends to go eat some random food or play soccer. Others would just go, "erm...nothing much lor, just slack around at home."

That got me thinking for awhile.  For a person like me, slacking at home means playing computer games, some random piano or lie down read book and sleep.  For them, it means lie down and sleep? Most of them don't play much games other than DOTA or CS. Most don't even read books.  So if they have nothing to do, what do they do? Surf youtube.com? What do they surf on the internet? Hmm.  I'll ask next book in.  They must be doing something at home.  I don't believe people actually spend their book out solely on sleeping and laying down.

In the end, everyone has their own perspective.  Being the minority, I tend to get randomly bashed (verbally but it's not so bad cause it's just random).  Luckily it's the era of digital media.  So people who play a bit of games come to me for random gaming talk.

Oh well, I've involved the subject of games again. I guess it's rather inevitable huh? =p

1 comment:

  1. [...] No-lifer I spend most of my life playing games since primary school, holding my Game Boy wherever I go, and whenever, even playing in the dark with the light screen attachment thing while being car-sick (I get motion sickness while playing games … [...]

    ReplyDelete