Monday, March 22, 2010

Hectic much?


I haven't really found much time to update last week. It's been really hectic for me mentally, especially with DigiPen suddenly offering subsidy for its courses. Worse, the application already started and is ending on 10th April. Right now I'm scrambling for recommendation letters because you need at least 2 to apply. (Not compulsory anymore as of 15 mins ago).

On the side, I didn't really want to go in so early. If the course starts on September, there's a very good chance that the 3 months' worth of 'Foundation Course' will start on June, right after my ORD. Hearing from many different people that life there is stressful (everyone goes home at 10pm kind of stressful) makes me a little hesitant.

I don't think I'm actually afraid to go through it again. I guess I just want to at least have some breathing space before I start studying furiously again. Then again, I suspect that Digipen having a subsidy COULD be a short term offer, so I might as well give it a shot now or never.

Despite what I said previous years about dropping off the game industry, I still feel happy to code. It's like an addiction, much like playing fighting games to me. I really liked working on Flash and 2D games, although I know there are so far I can go with 2D games. Anyway I'm just babbling.

Aside from that, I still like to critic games a lot (hence the blog). Despite that, I don't see myself working full time as a reviewer. I know as much as I try to be, my reviews are not really that organized; it's mostly thoughts straight out of my mind. Throughout NS, I still find myself wanting to try all kind of different games, not just digital. I've even made an effort to try out various card games, just to broaden my views. I always think that it's important to try.

Well, these few days I've been looking into casual games, even though I'm quite satisfied right now playing Mass Effect 2 and Bad Company 2. I find Bad Company 2 rather revolutionary in the FPS genre. Suddenly the spots you think is safe isn't so safe anymore with even the building walls making into the 'environmental destructible' list.

Anyway, for casual games, I've made an effort to look into the repertoire in ArmorGames.com. There's really so many different games in there. Even if most of them all copies, it's interesting to see how some of them were repackaged. Of course, there are those which are polished or innovative, or both. I should really link some cool ones here. I don't know if I'm allowed to embed them though.

Well we'll see how things goes for now. Things are suddenly looking up, an opportunity is thrown in front of me and it's foolish of me not to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment