Monday, October 13, 2014

AFA2014 Anisong lineup thoughts

December is finally around the corner and that means Anime Festival Asia is around the corner, which also means Anisong 2014. By a couple of weeks ago, they have announced the performers coming over so here are some late random thoughts two weeks after.

So here's the lineup...
Friday - angela, Kitamura Eri, Horie Yui, DJ Kazu
Saturday - LiSA, fripside, The IDOLM@STER, yanaginagi
Sunday - Eir Aoi, GARNiDELiA, May'n, ROOT FIVE


Firstly I'm going to skip DJ Kazu and Root FIVE. I'm not exactly familiar with them so I won't comment. I know Root Five sang songs from Fairy Tail and I think the new Saint Seiya? I watched neither though...

Despite that, for me, this is quite possibly the best Anisong lineup yet. Usually when I go to Anisong, I would only got for 1 day or 2 days at most, but this time I will go for all 3 days. Not much of choice there.

Looking at Friday, we have angela. Well, I don't have to go into details for them. They have visited Singapore quite a few times already and their performances have been solid. What surprised me the most though, and also what I really want to see on Friday, is Kitamura Eri (I'll usually just call her BakaEri because of the roles she play as a seiyuu) and Horie Yui (hocchan). I think BakaEri and hocchan has been touring together a bit recently and it was BakaEri's dream to...well let's just say hocchan is her idol. 

But man, hocchan in Singapore? It's almost unthinkable. I can't say that I'm a fan of her but I occasionally like her songs, and like what she's doing for like the past decade.  And my god, she's already 38 but she looks exactly the same as her pictures at the back of my Love Hina mangas.

Saturday is very solid too. LiSA have been visiting Singapore and their popularity boomed with Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online a couple of years back. fripside is mostly my goal for that day though, mainly because I wasn't in Singapore when they first visited. I don't know much about yanaginagi, but the few songs I know that she sang were incredible and I look forward to her performance. 

Probably the biggest thing on Saturday is THE IDOLM@STER. Some of the cast is coming over and this incited...er...quite a few things for the past 2 weeks. I'll just say that there are some good stuff and also some bad stuff going on among its fans just glancing over my Facebook. Regardless, there is a lot of reaction and I can't wait to see them perform too. I only played the PS3 version of the game that my friend 'dumped' at me (lol). Probably gonna look out of Imai Asami (Mingosu!). She has a sensational voice that occasionally reminds me of minorin's. Like there are parts where they really sound alike and it gets hard to tell the difference. Hopefully I don't offend anyone with that comment though, it's meant to be a good thing and it's only my opinion.

Anyway, back to topic.

Sunday can really go either way. It can be slightly disappointing or REALLY CRAZY. Eir Aoi is a fantastic powerful singer that almost destroyed the sound system and subsequently my ears last year. Probably at this point, she's my favorite singer of all those who are coming over. May'n is...well, May'n. She has been here since the very first AFA and has a huge array of songs. She surprised me last year singing the Omnimusha Souls main theme which I happen to know because...it was our competitor's game lol. GARNiDELiA is a relatively new group. I only know one song from them and that is the Kill la Kill second opening 'ambiguous' so that would be a great combination with Eir Aoi (since she sang a couple of Kill la Kill songs as well). 

But really, I wanted to see FLOW perform again. The last time I saw them perform, they were fantastic live and memorable due to their ability to incite the crowd with their charisma, personalities and character. I think the whole concert will explode if they sing CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA this year. Wow, I can't wait.

In closing, this line up is really amazing and I can't wait for it this December ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment