Saturday, June 12, 2010

ORD lo!


At long last, June 11th arrived! I'm finally (mostly) free from the evil clutches of army. I don't think I have ever wished for this day so badly in my whole life. Honestly, being an NSF is very close to being in prison, with your colleagues or platoon-mates being your fellow inmates. When I collected my pink IC today, I never looked back at the camp.

It feels f***ing good to put a close to this long 2 years of my life. It really felt that time has stagnated between my enlistment and my ORD. Suddenly, I'm free to do whatever I wish, play all the games I want, work the work I want, sleep on my bed everyday, and eat civilian food anytime I wish.

I'M FUCKING FREE!!!!
FREE FROM THE SHAKLES THAT BOUND ME!
ESCAPED FROM THE PRISON THAT HELD ME!
NO MORE SHITTY PAY, NO MORE FOOD THAT STINKS!
'CAUSE WHAT WAS GREEN, IS NOW PINK!


You may think I'm exaggerating, but the more I think about what I've been through, all the shit I did and didn't do, the excessive amount of boredom I've been through, the excessive amount of time thrown away when it could be put into better use, all the trainings, work, in summary, shit, the more I feel overly overwhelmingly overjoyed that it's all over.

I really really really hated it there. Company line, HQ, NDP, posted as a signaller, trained by commandos, posted to a clerk...it seems that no matter where you go,there's a different kind of hate for each place. It's a dirty and filthy place imo, very similar to the cooperate ladder, possibly worse.

Seriously, army is not a nice place. Despite all the stories about how great it is at the front, you don't know for sure until you actually saw or experienced it. Why do you think we always say to those enlistees "hey it's only 2 years, just deal with it"? Because there is no other way to make army sound good. Unless, of course, you are one of those extremely fortunate ones that got attached to civilian production houses. Otherwise, you can only get to a shitty place, or a shitter place.

Well, at least at long last, I can put all that behind me. I feel so damn out of touch with the current world now. What am I going to do with all this free time? Hmmm ^^

Anyway here's a great vid to express how I feel:

No comments:

Post a Comment