Sunday, June 6, 2010

Random Issues


Okay, a couple of people (literally) brought up issues with commenting on my blog recently. I didn't really bother with it since allowing guest comments brought up quite a lot of unwanted spammage. Nevertheless, when people want to comment and I'm not allowing them, something is wrong. So I randomly googled this thingy called 'Disqus', some nifty commenting widget, to make it simpler for me. Hopefully I won't be spammed again. It was a real pain removing them.

It's only 5 more days till my official ORD. Of the 4 days of leave, I stepped into the arcade twice and set foot on Bugis trice. Today I managed to find enough reason to stay at home. I haven't really done anything productive yet, but now that the weekdays are coming, I think I'll start trying to earn some pocket money. I suddenly lost alot of money thanks to the physical checkup for my university birthdays .

Speaking of spending, there's a bunch of games I have yet to obtain: Red Dead Redemption, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Alpha Protocol, Prince of Persia. I haven't even touched John's Assassin's Creed 2 yet. Show how much I need to keep up on. I daren't mention the PS2 JRPG games I should've played.

Aside from play, I did some reading up for my programming stuff. Ideas that I should've learned at poly, but due to circumstances, couldn't. I believe my whole poly life only let me learn how to organize my code structures, and code clean-ups, and integration. Same shit from year 1 to 3 when I should've looked into collision optimization, physics implementation and other more technical stuff. For the past couple of months, I've looked into Verlet Integration and Separating Axis Theorem. It's mostly because I want to eventually do a platformer game, and it's proving to be harder than I initially thought it would be.

I have no plans from now until the start of school. Should I take up a part time job? How can I find one that's worth my time? Well, it's all on short-term basis so I guess it doesn't matter. For now, I'll just help my mum do her accounts for pocket cash. At least I won't feel like I'm freeloading off the family.

On a side note, I remember typing out some DnD stuff on the various classes. I'm planning to take them down and redo them. They are just not...opinionated enough. It feels like I'm advertising the class instead of giving my own opinions. You know what, I'll just take them down now ^^

I'm also taking down the arcade guides one. It's really frustrating to explain most of the stuff using mere words and it really felt like it's going nowhere. So off it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment